Tuesday 14 April 2015

Chronic Health & How Our Doctor Feels About It (Hopefully)!

Due to chronic ill health, I have, over a large number of years, built up a relationship of trust with my Doctor.

Due to multiple health conditions, we have learned between us when I need to see him, or whether we can just 'catch up' with things every few months or so.

I've known since I joined his surgery that my doctor does his best for me but, having just read a very heartfelt letter from a doctor who deals with many patients suffering from chronic conditions, it really brought it home to me that, at times, I forget how that my doctor is a person first, and then a doctor.

Dr Rob Lambert wrote a letter to his patients, telling them how he feels about not being able to 'cure' so many awful health problems, and how it upsets him that his patients don't see this through their pain and frustrations.

I guess this is true of myself at times, too. I'm especially feeling it at the moment, as I've had to wait many months for an op, which is not quite on hold, but has been delayed, and delayed, due to yet another health problem affecting my ability to have it!

Here's a link to the Blog that I read the letter on - if you've got a chronic health condition, or know somebody who does, it wouldn't hurt to read this :)


Dr Rob Lambert & Chronic Health Conditions

No comments: